SnapClicker has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://snapclicker.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Getting Hitched


These are my two friends Matt and Leonie.

I recently spoke to Matt who informed me that Leonie had dropped to one knee, produced a ring and asked him to marry her the night before. He asked me to be his best man.

As you can imagine, when one of your best friends gets engaged and asks you to be best man, i was over the moon. I started thinking about all the stories i could tell. I met Matt many years ago in an alleyway in K.Town. We were both buying some magic new spraypaint called montana that was made especially for writers.... madness compared to the plasticote everyone used. He'd come along as his brothers 'muscle' in case the deal went tits up...... Anyone who knows Matt will appreciate how funny that actually is. I first met Leonie quite a few years later. She's a great girl, opinionated and head strong who can get the tallest guy in the world to consider getting braces and sorting his teeth out..... (poor, poor Rob....).

I've spent many nights with the two of them. I used to go round to Leonie's and fall asleep on the bed when i couldn't sleep at home. They'd do their work around me, watch films and counsel me through my problems with whatever girl was screwing with my head at that point. It was a really nice period of time and i'll not forget it.

Evidently, upon the news that they were becoming legally binded, after i stopped laughing, i was really happy. They are a great couple (this time round.....ooooooo! bef) and seem to make each other very happy. I'd certainly describe love as putting talc on your lady's bum and watching her fart it off....... Yes, two people who find that funny have actually managed to find each other.

Anyhoo, as i logged into facebook to send Leonie a congrats message, i noticed a few things pop up on my feed...... and then the date......




I'm the f**king April fool..........

1 comment: